11.19.2008

A Proper Cup of Cocoa


Last night I made some hot chocolate for the family. It wasn't really that cold outside, but I wanted to try this new recipe that Erica shared with the world. It sounded so good that I just couldn't wait for perfect cocoa weather to have a taste. I wasn't disappointed, and the family unanimously voted to make it again and again! The only thing that might make it better would be to make it frothy in a hot chocolate machine...



Yummiest Hot Cocoa EVER!

1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
6 1/2 cups hot water
mini marshmallows (optional)

In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla, and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water (start with 5 cups and then add according to taste desired); heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top with marshmallows if desired.

TIPS: Chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days - mix well and reheat before serving.
You can keep it in a crock pot all day - great for Christmas!

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

So glad you liked it! I have copied the yummy things you've shared this week and you can bet I will be making them in the upcoming weeks.

Julie said...

Oh my gosh - that looks SO yummy, can't wait for a cold winters day to give it a try!

shelly said...

Mmmmm....I figure if it drops below 70 degrees, it should be time for hot chocolate! I think I have to try this. For sure.

Deb said...

I just saw your link over on another giveaway/comment site and clicked over. I copied and pasted your recipe and will give it a try! It definitely sounds delish! Thanks!

Christmas Countdown