1.29.2010

Oh My Darling Clementine

My two-year-old grandson loves Clementines. He calls them "orange," and can peel and eat them by the bagful. I think he gets it from Grandpa...


Clementines are a seedless cross between a Chinese Mandarin Tangerine and a Seville Orange. You can buy Clementines between October and April, but the sweetest eating is in December and January.


Just look at the nutritional value of two fresh clementines:


What they have: Vitamin C (300%), folate, potassium, fiber (14%)
What they don't have: fat, trans-fat, cholesterol, sodium


Besides, right out of the skin, my favorite way to eat clementines is in a fresh spinach salad with Craisins, slivered almonds, and little poppy seed dressing.

2 comments:

shelly said...

I'll have that salad. To go! Yummm!

Chapman Family said...

Too many and you end up with a LOT of dirty diapers. Just ask Jake. Ha ha! I'll take a salad too.

Christmas Countdown