12.19.2007

Christmas Tag

• Wrapping paper or gift bags... I use both depending on the gift. But, I tend to use only red, green, grocery bag brown, and/or white paper of different designs and patterns; and, the same for the ribbon and bows.
• Real tree or artificial... Artificial. I got tired of dead trees in the house and needles everywhere.
• When do you put your tree up...
I try to get it up before we go back to school after the Thanksgiving break, but I'm not always successful.
• When do you take it down... By January 1.
• Hot chocolate or apple cider:
Hot chocolate. Especially Stephen's cinnamon or Italian amaretto flavors.









• Favor
ite gift received as a child... The blue bicycle that was a total surprise.
• Do you have a nativity scene... Yes, but I'm very picky!! The baby Jesus must be in proportion to the rest of the the nativity [the size of a real newborn] in order for it to be displayed in our house.
• Hardest person to buy for:... Dad, because he never lets you know what he wants.
• Easiest person to buy for...
neighbors. Instead of exchanging neighbor gifts anymore, we have a white Christmas every year and contribute temple clothing to people in other countries who have a hard time getting it, or can't afford their own.
• Worst Christmas gift ever received... One of those old domed hair dryers. That was a tough year finacialy, and it was the only thing I got. I needed a new one, but it didn't quite produce the magic of Christmas.
• Mail or e-mail Christmas cards... Mail, but I have cut the list down from 100 to about 40.
• Favorite Christmas movie...
It's a Wonderful Life.
• Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present...
Yes.
• Favorite thing to eat at Christmas...
Christmas Crunch cereal. Santa leaves a box for everyone. It has been a tradition for years.
• Clear or colored lights...
Either, but I don't like all blue lights for Christmas.
• Favorite Christmas song...
O Holy Night. The Johnny Mathis version.
• Travel or stay home...
Stay home.
• Can you name all the Santa's reindeer...
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder [Donner], Blitzen; and, of course, Rudolph. But, I can never get all of the Snow White's Dwarfs. [Oops! I think I let the reindeer out of the bag. No fair looking if you do this tag...]
• Angel or star...
Angel. In memory of my angel mother who died when I was five.
• Favorite Christmas memory...
The magically lighted streets of downtown Salt Lake City during a snowstorm as the Walker Bank sign flashed blue, and the Christmas window at Southeast Furniture in Sugarhouse.

I tag:
Juliema, Tiffany, Amanda, Leslie, plus everyone who wants to...

1 comment:

brittany said...

i loved reading these, thanks for posting this!

Christmas Countdown