6.09.2015

Sprouted and Dehydrated Amonds

If you haven't tried sprouted and dehydrated almonds you need to give them a try! My sister-in-law told me about them a few months ago and we love them! First you start with raw almonds (they need to be truly raw, some are treated so they won't sprout). I use almonds that I got in a bulk order straight from a California grower, but I have also tried it with Costco almonds and it worked although they are a different variety of almond so slightly different results. You soak the nuts for 20-24 hours, until they plump up and if you crack one open you can see the small sprout. Then drain and rinse. Then you dehydrate them at 150° or less (120° is preferable) overnight - 24 hours. Since I don't have a dehydrator and my oven only goes down to 170°, I use the "warm" setting on my oven which goes for an hour at a time. I just restart it several times until the nuts are dried through.

No comments:

Christmas Countdown