12.24.2015

Christmas Advent Book - Day 24

Advent Day 24: The Night Before Christmas

The_night_before_christmas
Book: The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
and illustrated by Gyo Fujikawa

There are many beautifully illustrated versions of this poem, and we
have several, but my favorite this year is the one illustrated by Gyo
Fujikawa. Look at this Google image search here and I'm sure you'll
recognize her work. I thought it was interesting that she designed the the
little Eskimo child for the Eskimo Pie company and she also
designed six U.S.P.S. stamps. Read her obituary in the New York Times
if you'd like to know a little more about her. You can read the The
Night Before Christmas
in full here and find your favorite parody of the
poem here. I'm sorry I don't have a craft for you today. I am running
around like a crazy person trying to get everything done and the craft I
had intended would take too long. Thank you all so much for your kind
comments regarding my book and activity advent! I really appreciated
the encouragement and I found it so rewarding that you were using
some of these projects as gifts for your special people.
Happy Happy Holidays to all!

via Bella Dia

No comments:

Christmas Countdown